Filed Under: Health & Science | Posted: 07/12/2008 at 9:46PM
Comments | Region: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Depression is a natural response,with its disappointments, relationship problems and stress.
- Depression beyond understandable limits is thought to have a largely biochemical cause. depression considered mainly biochemical in orgin is called "endogenous or psychotic "depression.
- Depression is sometimes the expression of an underlying problem -ALCOHOLISM.depression in young people can occur because of early SCHIZOPHRENIA.
- Rarely,depression can result from brain disease,such as pralysis or epilepsy.
- depressed individuals get no enjoyment out of life.they feel sad and may tell others how sad they feel.
- As depression deepens they cry more easily and are increasingly preoccupied by death,decay or bad events.
- physical symptoms,severly depressed people neglect themselves and lose their appetite.
- Best way is to give them a psychological support.
- Drug therapy,it reduces depression and suicide risk rapidly.This treatment is continued for six to twelve months on average.
- Nutritional therapy,try supplementing B vitamins.reduces the common drpressions.
- Batch flower remedies-trying mustard if the deprssion comes for no apparent reason may reduce the deression