Per BBC, the Israeli Navy has seized a ship reportedly headed by Iran carrying weapons disguised as civilian cargo, yet Iran has denied the allegations.
The Israeli Navy has reported that the arms ship was on its way to Hezbollah, where fights between Israeli and Iranian forces has been active.
Several hundred tonnes of weapons were seized making it the largest involving Iran since 2002 when the Israeli military found 100 tonnes of arms.
People in the Middle East reacted to the news through Twitter.
- petitedov Smthg nice to wake up to: Israel seizes Iranian ship bound for Hezbollah loaded with rockets, anti-tank rockets, and light arms – IDF 04 Nov 2009 from web
- DannyAyalon The recently discovered arms ship is just the tip of the iceberg as far as Iranian efforts to destabilize the region 04 Nov 2009 from web
- asfand http://bit.ly/3lGSF7 Israel captures Iranian arms ship. FIGHT! FIGHT FIGHT! 04 Nov 2009 from web
- moweezle Our Israeli Navy is working overboard! We just intercepted a shipload full of terrorist weapons: http://is.gd/4N827 04 Nov 2009 from PeopleBrowsr
- foxbutters RT @keewatinrose Sea of Green is peaceful. Those urging U to pick up arms, B violent R not your friend #iranelection #iran #gr88 04 Nov 2009 from web
- ASoldiersMother @sarinaot UN can’t do anything about 500 TONS of weapons seized by Israeli Navy today; too busy talking of Goldstone failed report 04 Nov 2009 from Seesmic in reply to sarinaot
- LeilaSaleh @AliDahmash it doesn’t ultimately mean the the ship was carrying arms for Hezbollah. Iran is much more intelligent to give weapons to them 04 Nov 2009 from web in reply to AliDahmash