Filed Under: Lifestyle | Posted: 09/09/2008 at 12:54AM
Comments | Region: India
MAKING A DECISION… The short comings of iPhone are endless…
1. No video calling,
2. No AD2P on the Bluetooth,
3. CAN’T share ANY (mp3, images, videos….) files via bluetooth,
4. Can’t use as a wireless modem, (you pay ridiculous data charges to activate internet on your phone, but cannot connect it to your PC and browse when you are at home)
5. No copy and paste,(cannot copy a part of a…. say…. email & send it….have to type it out yourself)
6. No 3.2 or 5 megapixel camera,(the 2MP camera it carries is worst camera i’ve ever seen….. photos look like they have come out of a VGA camera)
7. No video recording with camera,
8. No front camera,
9. No flash.
10. No JAVA support
11. No physical keyboard (BELIEVE me! this alone is a dealbreaker…touch keyboard as good as it looks…once you use it then only you come to know about the importance of having a hard keypad)
12. No 3G network yet in India..So why pay for expensive 3G phone if you can’t use its 3G services … so, for India, iPhone 2.0 is no better than its first version
13. No removable battery. (You cannot change battery. Have to send it to apple outlet.. Come on now!!!!…This is not an iPod. Its a bloody phone. You cannot live without phone for 2-3 days)
14. No hap tic feedback and
15. Cannot send MMS,
16. Can’t use as external storage device (16 GB of utter waste..next time you go to your friend’s house & find some interesting songs, movies, etc…Sorry you cannot connect your ’16 GB’ phone and share it!!!! Apple apparently has a solution.. " BUY MUSIC & MOVIES FROM iTUNES STORE "….. Give me a break will you APPLE!!!)
17. No FM radio,
18. Can’t use your mp3 files as ringtones,(This is heights man!!!)
19. Cannot insert any other SIM card….
20. Completely tied to iTunes… Connect to your friend’s iTunes & you risk erasing everything on your phone.
We Indians are used to these features. Most of our phones already have these features. we cannot do with out them…. i mean can you imagine paying so much for a phone with which you cannot transfer files via bluetooth. What age is this …STONE AGE???
Some features may be activated by jailbreak.. But why the hell should you risk losing your warranty after paying so much.
And want to add third party softwares??.. YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM FROM iTUNES STORE ONLY!!! . (Shell out more money). Apple is a bloody control freak. Dont surrender your freedom to it.
It’s good for American market (who have no idea what mobile freedom/choice is) which is in stone age compared to asian/european markets. When they want to buy a phone, they have to go to network operators and buy only those phones that are available on that network. & stick to that company till their contract expires. You want to change carriers? Not before paying damages, & buying another phone on the other network again.
On the contrary, we in India have so much freedom. We go to handset shops & buy which ever phone we like. Then go to carriers.. Checkout the plans & buy SIM.. Dont like the plan or rival carrier came up with a better plan???? EASY.. just remove & replace the SIM.
Apple are trying to IMPOSE THEIR MODEL ON US riding on the hype iPhone has created in the US (yes it was a flop in Europe .thats why Apple never talks about its sales in Europe).
Dont fall for the subsidized price of iPhone… CHECKOUT THE DATA PLAN ATTACHED TO ITS SIM..they will recover the cost through ridiculous data plans. Bill might come to around Rs 2500/month.(ATLEAST AMERICANS PAY THAT MUCH)
Let me clear one thing though.. Iphone is the best looking phone (its touch interface is nothing like you have ever seen ), best browsing experience out there no doubt …. ( others are fast catching up..Check out the android demo at Google IO 2008)…. BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO FUNCTIONALITY…
Those of who buy it… You will be most happy for atmost a week… then, MARK MY WORDS…YOU WILL START REGRETTING IT!!!